The For Paul Foundation was founded in honor of 36 year old Critical Care Flight Paramedic Paul Besaw. During Paul’s 18 years in EMS he helped others through teaching and training. This scholarship was created to continue that legacy and will be awarded to high school seniors who wish to pursue a career as a Firefighter, EMT or Paramedic. We are honored to be partnering with The International Association of Professional Firefighters and Paramedics Local #4321 to bring this scholarship to students.Criteria:
- Students must reside within the municipalities that are affiliated with IAFF Local 4321including:Portions of Broward County served by BSO, Cooper City, Dania Beach, Deerfield Beach, Hallandale Beach, Lauderdale Lakes, Pembroke Park, West Park, and Weston.
- Senior in high school
- Minimum of 200 hours of Community Service (over 4 years) WAIVED DUE TO COVID
- 3.0 minimum weighted grade point average
- Each student must write an essay not to exceed 1000 typed words, explaining why you want to pursue a career as a Firefighter, EMT, or Paramedic. Include a list of any relevant certifications or trainings you have completed such as first aid, life guard training, etc.
- Recommendation from a non-related First Responder; must include their contact information for verification purposes
For a copy of the application please email Scholarships@theforpaulfoundation.org or call Dawn @ 954.540.0268